Saturday 26 August 2017

My Denim Nails


Some of my friends have been telling me to journal my nail mani process. So here I am putting out my thoughts. I have been on and off this hobby for a while now but sometimes motivations come from the wonderful gifts one receives.











I had Denim Nail polish from Nails inc. given by my very gifted and lovely Sis Nootan Mohan. I had so much fun doing this mani. Thanks Nootan for this experience. The paint has amazing Denim texture. It has this dark, shiny denim effect, which is good as one  can get creative around it.

I love ripped denims; hence it is obvious that I had to make my denim nails ripped as well. To go with it can be anything as all colours, textures, designs, shapes go well with denims. I took upon rosegold to go with my dark denims I felt it may give richness to the whole look. What is life without being inspired? During my current visit to the UK I fell in love with flowers especially roses and lavender that bloomed big and full in abundance. I had to put them on my mani, so here I am putting blue roses on my rosegold base. I wanted it to project rose + lavender effect so I took a little white base to the roses and painted the blue leaves and stem with acrylic paint. If not completely does display that lavender colour. I took a short cut this time and made a decal of the flora which made it easier to paint.

With Denims I used acetone to give the ripped effect. White nail polish with flat brush to show the shreds. I gave it a stitch effect by white lines around the nail and gold dots to make it look like buttons.
I have here two set of pictures one with the shreds and one without the shreds. I personally felt the paint itself gives that rich denim effect but the ripps and shreds makes it look like real Jeans.

Let me know which one looks the best according to you.



No comments:

Movie Review : Avengers Endgame

The Law of Universe! A Review without spoilers. Avengers Endgame Every story that connects the audience to their deepest ...